Friday, September 11, 2009

It's A Beautiful Thang!

Well, that is not a very original title but I am still waking up. I wanted to share a photo I received from my sister. It is a picture of an iceberg from top to bottom.




This came from a rig manager for Global Marine Drilling in St. Johns, Newfoundland. They actually have to divert the path of these things away from the rig by towing them with ships! In this particular case, the water was calm and the sun was almost directly overhead so that the diver was able to get into the water and get this shot. They estimated the weight at 300,000,000 tons!

Can you imagine how the diver must have felt seeing this beautiful image up close? Not many people have this kind of opportunity.





I wish you all well and hope you see the beauty in each day we are here and send good thoughts to all.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! it doesn't look real does it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that cool!! My sister sent this photo to me and I just thought it was so beautiful! I will have to post the animal photos my mom sent - hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! i followed Abi ova, she's so lovely! & you seem like a lady with extraordinary depths yourself! this is an amazing photo! & your family looks so wonderful. i feel quite helpless right now...*sending a little bit of loveliness from my heart to yours*

    ReplyDelete